Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how to find were little charles is buried?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2011 20:01

Any help please,searching on family search ive come across charles william luvate born 1853 in preston but died in 1858 and its says preston twp.does any one know what twp means as acorring to preston cemetery records he isnt buried there.

many thanks to anyone for there help.

diane

Heather

Heather Report 17 Feb 2011 20:18

Hi, I think you will find it just means township.

Have a look on Genuki to see if reg districts help.

Diane

Diane Report 17 Feb 2011 20:25

thanks Heather.

Chrissie2394

Chrissie2394 Report 18 Feb 2011 17:41

Hi,

Cemetery staff do not always give the correct information.

A distant cousin I am now in contact with on GR had been told a family member was not buried in one of the council cemeteries. I offered to check the buriel records at the record office for him incase they had made a mistake (they had on a previous occasion).

The gentleman he was looking for was not listed in the index of the burial records but when I looked for the mans wife, I found her, and hubby had been buried with her. His name had obviously been missed off the index which is what the council staff check when a request for info is made.

Chris

Diane

Diane Report 19 Feb 2011 21:49

thanks chris