Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brothers and Sisters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Helen

Helen Report 19 Feb 2011 15:44

I have my father's, paternal grandmother and grandfather's details. I know I have a number of uncles but don't have their names or details as my father died when I was very young. Is there anyway of finding out this information?

Flip

Flip Report 19 Feb 2011 15:50

Have you tried talking to your mother?

Helen

Helen Report 19 Feb 2011 15:51

She's not around either.

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 19 Feb 2011 15:55

if you have the surname and maiden name of your grandparents, you could put just those names into FreeBMD (Births) and see what comes up. After 1911 the mother's maiden name was recorded in the index

Flip

Flip Report 19 Feb 2011 15:56

Oh, sorry.

If you have know your father's parents names you could look for births using fathers surname and mother maiden name on findmypast or ancestry.

Helen

Helen Report 19 Feb 2011 16:01

Thankyou both.

Flip

Flip Report 19 Feb 2011 16:02

Hi Helen,

If you are struggling with this or don't have the right subscriptions, you could also post details of your father as he has already died and someone may be able to check this out for you and PM the details.

atb
Flip

Helen

Helen Report 19 Feb 2011 17:50

Thanks Flip.

I'm new to this and struggling.

My father was John William Cooper born 06.03.46 and died 09.08.71.

My grandfather was Thomas Lawson Cooper born 19.01.13 and died July 1990.

My grandmother was Gladys Grazier born 1915, not sure of date.

Anything you can do to help would be brilliant.

Helen

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 19 Feb 2011 18:19

Helen has someone found the info and sent you a PM as I have just found them

Helen

Helen Report 19 Feb 2011 18:22

No, not yet.

Thankyou

RutlandBelle

RutlandBelle Report 19 Feb 2011 18:27

OK I have sent you a PM, there are 4 birth with those 2 names, only you can decide if they are related to you