Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

census lists

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 2 Mar 2011 20:01

i have looked for several children on the 1881 census and have found them, but when i look at the original the family are at the bottom of the page and children do not appear they must be on the next entry but how do i look at that ??

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 2 Mar 2011 20:13

Are you looking on Genes site?
I don't think it's possible to move from page to page as one can on other sites.
On Ancestry you just click the horizontal arrow to move back or forward on pages.

Would you like to post who you are looking for, then someone will help?.

Gwyn

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 2 Mar 2011 20:18

I think it's quite tricky, so lookup easier really, but try:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/tips_board/thread/1247869

Next time I advise you subscribe to Ancestry (or maybe FMP) and just keep basic Genes membership - that's what most people on here do.

Jan