Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Locked Identity

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ronald

Ronald Report 5 Mar 2011 00:02

I have just added a second wife to one of my relatives and it has made a copy of that person (I don't know why sometimes you can add a spouse straight through and other times it makes a copy but that's another issue!). The problem is that it will not now allow me to edit the details of either the original entry or the copy. It appears to be locked. Anybody else experienced this?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 5 Mar 2011 00:31

I think you need to contact GR for that.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Mar 2011 08:16

From 'FAQS' in Help

"You'll see the word 'copy' where a relation has had more than one partner. We add the word 'copy' against their name in your tree so that you can see the different partnerships and to make it clear that the relation does only appear once in your tree."

Ronald

Ronald Report 5 Mar 2011 10:30

Regarding the 'Copy' issue, I understand that, but at some points in my tree I have added a second spouse and it has made the link straight through without making a copy.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 5 Mar 2011 10:52

Cant really help further I never update my GR tree on-line. I only ever upload a gedcom from FTM on my pc which is where I maintain my definitive tree.