Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adjustment to tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 27 Mar 2011 12:40

Following a contact via GR I discovered I had the wrong line in my tree-have sorted it out to the point where I need to attach George to his correct father James who is already in my tree-how do I do that ?

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 27 Mar 2011 13:03

I am assuming that you want to move George and his descendants to his correct father?

Unfortunately, unlike commercial family tree programs there isn't a facility on GR to do this. The only thing you can do is to add George to his correct father, rebuild his line of descendant then delete the incorrect line from the bottom up. Alternatively, if there are too many names involved, then if you contact GR and explain the situation, they will correct if for you.

If, however you own a commercial tree program then download your GR tree as a gedcom file, make the corrections on your PC then upload the corrected file back to GR.

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 27 Mar 2011 13:05

I dont think you can, if you have a problem like that you need to contact GR and they will do it., otherwise it means a lot of deleting and re-entering.

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 27 Mar 2011 13:11

Thank you-I think I already knew that-but always hopeful so worth a try !!