Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Holdcrofts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anne

Anne Report 12 Apr 2011 14:55

Anyone searching for information about the Holdcroft family who moved from the Staffordshire area to West Yorkshire in the early 1900s should get hold of a recently published book "Ancestors and Angels" by Jane Cramner.
Jane is the great-grand-daughter of George Holdcroft and Mary Buckley (and my second cousin - my grandad Horace and her grandmother Elsie, were brother and sister). Jane's book outlines some of the unusual experiences that happened to her grandmother and family.
It's a good read and I couldn't put it down - I read it in a day! Through it I learned a lot about a branch of the family that I knew very little about as, until recently, I hadn't been in touch with Jane for 35 years! The book can either be ordered from Waterstones or bought through Amazon. "Ancestors and Angels", published 2011 by Ghostwriter publications

Lynski

Lynski Report 12 Apr 2011 23:12

Just ordered a copy.
Sounds like a very good read.