Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to find someone in germany

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

daniel

daniel Report 30 Apr 2011 22:52

Hello

Parents split up years ago while in germany and would like to find my mother. How do you find either records etc of people still living there?

many thanks

trafiklitedol

trafiklitedol Report 30 Apr 2011 23:15

Hi Daniel
Was there a forces connection?

daniel

daniel Report 30 Apr 2011 23:48

Hi there
yes my father was in the forces and married but he doesnt seem be able to help me?

ive looked at my birth certificate and got her whole name and maiden name but whatever seach ive tried i get no results?

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 1 May 2011 12:19

Could your mother have re-married? Have you tried a search on this site.
Good luck,
Liz

Robert

Robert Report 1 May 2011 16:42

Hi Daniel,
Research for germany is not straightforward. There is no central repository as such and you often have to prove your relationship in order to obtain information. Was your mother German? What year range are we looking at. Where were they married?