Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

prison records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 13 May 2011 22:12

hi all
would anyone know where i would look for prison records round about 1944ish
my great aunt so i have been told got put in prison for child neglect
when i am not sure but her last child was born in 1944
would it of been put in the newspaper
thank you
lorraine

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 13 May 2011 23:00

hi joan
thank you very much
will have to go and have alook
all the best
lorraine

Emma

Emma Report 3 Feb 2012 00:22

Just wondering if you had any luck with this, I'm looking for similar records in the same time period and I'm not coming up with much!

littlelegs

littlelegs Report 3 Feb 2012 09:56

hi emma
not really no
best place to look is newspapers
all the best lorraine

Emma

Emma Report 4 Feb 2012 12:44

Thanks Lorraine, how funny that we're both looking at the same crime in the same year, only I'm looking for both parents being imprisoned around 1944!

Janet

Janet Report 5 Feb 2012 12:24

Would confirm that the newspaper local to the area will probably have all the details.

I was researching some info in the newpapers of 1949 and by an absolute fluke found out about a prison sentence of a distant relative(uncle by marriage) in my husbands family. Prior to reading the details it had just been a family rumour. It made both sad and funny reading. Good luck with your search.-jl