Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thursby Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ronthepom

ronthepom Report 17 May 2011 01:24

Anybody researching the Thursby Family Please :-)

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 17 May 2011 01:27

It doesnt really work like that Ronald, you need to do the searching,

Try putting some of your names into search trees to see if there are any matches and try to contact the tree owner.

Huia

Huia Report 17 May 2011 01:48

There are over 300 matches in 'Search trees' if you type the name Thursby in. You can probably narrow down the number of results if you have a first name, and/or a year of birth, and/or a place of birth, but start of with the first name and surname to see what results you get.

Huia.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 17 May 2011 02:10

Ronald
There seem to be several people researching the branch of interest to you.
As Huia says, you can look on Search Trees then click on their name to send a private message direct to them and hopefully exchange information.

Gwyn

ronthepom

ronthepom Report 18 May 2011 10:33

Sorry Your lot I just wanted to know if Anybody was researching the thursby family besides me . regards Ron

Flick

Flick Report 18 May 2011 10:49

Try search trees, as advised.......that's the ONLY way to find out.

Huia

Huia Report 18 May 2011 21:34

The answer is "quite a few", but possibly they are not subscribing members so cant post on here. The only way for you to find out is as we suggested, search trees for the name Thursby.

Huia.

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 19 May 2011 12:52

I sent one of my messages to Ronald to let him know about the advice given him.

He replied to the effect that I am "not getting it"....he simply wants to know if anyone else is researching his name.....sigh.

I did a search and discovered that he has been posting similar posts for about 5 years. I checked some of the names he has been enquiring about and discovered that he has several connections on this site.

I have let him know and so all that remains is for him to go and find them........ :D

Cynthia

Cynthia Report 19 May 2011 16:56

Have had a reply from Ronald....he is going to take the advice re searching the trees on here..... :-)

Cx