Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GRO bmd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppycat

poppycat Report 19 May 2011 09:01

Can someone offer some information regarding ordering please.

This is not the first time i have ordered but haven't done so for about 6 mths, so has some thing changed?
On logging in, this is what appears.........................

Exception report
An application error has occurred. Please retry later
IP Address = 212.58.237.34
Error Number = 5
Error Message:
Invalid procedure call or argument
Source/Stack:
ROLO [clsDBmanager] Class_Initialize [ROLOWEB5 version 237.0.0] [clsUser] ConnectDBManager [ROLOWEB5 version 237.0.0] [clsUser] verifyLogin [ROLOWEB5 version 237.0.0]

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 19 May 2011 09:03

This is on their website right now:.

Service Announcement 18 May 2011

Customers may wish to be aware that the certificate ordering website will be unavailable between 08:00hrs and 09:00hrs (GMT) on Thursday 19 May 2011. This is due to essential maintenance work being carried out.

GRO apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.

Maybe it took longer than they thought.

poppycat

poppycat Report 19 May 2011 09:10

Jonesey !

Thanks for that i didn't see that about the maintenance.

Joy

Joy Report 19 May 2011 09:16

Looks okay now :-)

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/Login.asp

PS where would we be without Jonesey? :-)

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 19 May 2011 19:54

Apparently I have been chided for making a snide comment, and for too much pontification....!

On the subject of GRO cert applications I have recently ordered one from the mid 1800's without a GRO Ref. This is for my wife's gg grandfather, for whom we have been trying to get his birth cert for 6 or more years.

Apparently the GRO will search for three years looking for a match to the info that you provide. Hopefully and with fingers crossed, as I now have enough detail on his mother and father, so with a bit of luck they will find it.

It takes a month for the GRO to do this so waiting with bated breath to see if they find something.