Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Crimbles House

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MeJoy75

MeJoy75 Report 20 May 2011 10:26

Hi all,

Can anyone tell me who, or where I might be able to find out if Crimbles Court, Sheltered Housing, in Pudsy, West Yorkshire, was originally 'Crimbles House'.

Thanks, Joy

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 20 May 2011 10:36

Check out

http://www.housingcare.org/downloads/facilities/generated-brochures/82112-crimbles-court-sheltered-housing-pudsey-england.pdf

There is a location map and a telephone number.

If you know the exact location of Crimbles house you may be able to work it out for yourself but looking on Google Earth shows Crimbles Court, Sheltered Housing appears to be new buildings. Perhaps Crimbles House previously stood on the site.

MeJoy75

MeJoy75 Report 20 May 2011 10:46

Thanks, Jonesey I will ring them next week. I don't know the exact location, except that my 5xgreat grandfather, was living in it in 1824.

Thanks, Joy

Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce Report 20 May 2011 10:54

Hi Joy

I don't know if this is the one

It seems there was a Crimbles House, 13 Camp Road, Leeds owned by the late Mr Abraham Parkinson. According to The York Herald, and General Advertiser (York, England), Saturday, October 16, 1830.

Then Thomas Wilson, Jonathon Crawford owned it.

It was then let according to The Leeds Mercury (Leeds, England), Saturday, August 10, 1867
TO LET, a good Double House in Crimbles House Estate, Camp Road, newly papered. Rent £10.

Ria x

Slug & Lettuce

Slug & Lettuce Report 20 May 2011 11:36

Hi Joy

Will see if I can find anymore info.

Ria x

MeJoy75

MeJoy75 Report 20 May 2011 11:49

Thanks, Ria much appreciated