Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

National Burial Index

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 23 May 2011 11:23

Forgive me if senility has affected my brain even more than I suspected, but I am sure that, admittedly some time ago, I used to be able to search the NBI via the Findmypast website, to which I have a subscription. However, when I look on their site now, I cannot find any reference to it. Is it me? And if so, how do I get to it, or is it no longer on line so that I have to save up for the CD-ROM?

Tina

Gai

Gai Report 23 May 2011 11:49

Tina,

Victor on the Find Ancestors boards does NBI look up.

Gai

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 23 May 2011 12:11

Thanks for that, Gai, I may have to resort to asking for a look-up - but I enjoy doing the trawling myself and I used to be able to. Just can't understand where it has gone.

Tina

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat

TinaTheCheshirePussyCat Report 23 May 2011 19:22

Thank you Joan. I thought I must be going mad - and I was right! I was looking under the Deaths section, had not thought of Parish Records. Oh dear, now, do I have to accept senility or can I manage to blame it on the dog somehow!

Tina

Joy

Joy Report 23 May 2011 19:25

Utterly off topic - just wanted to say hello, Tina :-)