Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

father wills mother bates? married `1948

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 May 2011 11:30

hi any ideas how to find out if they had children? thanks in advance Gill :-)

Kense

Kense Report 23 May 2011 11:46

Doing a search on Ancestry with exact surnames for the year range 1947-1967 gave 5 possibilites. 2 in Bath (1961 & 1963), one in Lambeth (1961), one in Edmonton (1963) and one in Chippenham (1966).
Ken

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 May 2011 12:15

hi ken thanks for that info will and try research them. in the box below with researching it says one name hicks i have a macdonald-hicks in my tree any connection? Gill :-)

Kense

Kense Report 23 May 2011 12:45

No I don't have any MacDonalds in my tree.

By the way I didn't give any details of the names on the original query as it probably involves living persons.

Ken

Gillian

Gillian Report 23 May 2011 14:34

hi ken thanks for reply i understand about giving details in case people are still living thanks again Gill

Flick

Flick Report 23 May 2011 17:18

Is this the death of the wife?

Name: Betty Joan Wills
Birth Date: 22 Dec 1916
Date of Registration: Dec 1997
Age at Death: 81
Registration district: Mid Surrey
Inferred County: Surrey
Register number: MSC3
District and Subdistrict: 7561C
Entry number: 143

And her birth?

Births Mar 1917 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bates Betty J Johnson Leicester 7a 368