Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how do i find siblings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rowena

Rowena Report 24 May 2011 14:53

hi, i want to see if my mother or father had any siblings, i know i have posted alot of threats and ppl are maybe thinking 'not her again' lol, but i would be very greatful if anyone has advice.

im trying to find my aunts and uncles

mother maureen lambert (nee Borton) 9.4.1944 from coventry, her parents were Edith Lamb (1908) and William Borton (1899)

father Gordon James Lambert 3.10.21 or 23, his parents i believe to be Reginald Lambert(c1875) and Maud Lambert (c1850) i do not have her maiden name

thankyou xx

Flick

Flick Report 24 May 2011 15:00

This must be added to your other thread, Rowena.

You can't look for siblings for your father until you know with 100% certainty which birth registraion is his.

It would be foolish in the extreme to look for them based on guesswork

Your mother is easier........just look on freebmd for births with right surnames..................you can do that yourself.

Good luck

Flick

Flick Report 24 May 2011 15:02

BTW....your mother was born in 1945!

Rowena

Rowena Report 24 May 2011 15:09

haha thanks :)

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 24 May 2011 15:10

Rowena,

Might I suggest that you check some of the dates that you have indicated. Particularly that for who you think may be your father's mother. Any lady born c1850 would have been unable to be the mother of a child born in 1921/3.

Rowena

Rowena Report 24 May 2011 15:18

LMAO! typo there hehe now i feel daft! i meant 1890 lol :D

Flick

Flick Report 24 May 2011 15:33

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1269374

Penny

Penny Report 24 May 2011 16:01

It looks like she had 3 brothers- i will leave you to look at freeBMD and find their names

Penny

It looks like she had 3 brothers- i will leave you to look at freeBMD and find their names

Penny

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 24 May 2011 16:08

did you get the hiccups Penny ?? :D :D