Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Walthamstow - West Ham

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 24 May 2011 22:56

I'd like to check the electoral registers for Walthamstow from 1911, does anyone know where I have to go for this please :o)

Joy

Joy Report 24 May 2011 23:02

To the local library / records office.

Jackie

Jackie Report 24 May 2011 23:06

Thanks Joy :o)

Flick

Flick Report 24 May 2011 23:17

And you have to know the exact address....................

I hope you are aware of the extremely limited electoral franchise in those early years..............

Jackie

Jackie Report 24 May 2011 23:33

Oh dear,

My uncle who lives in New Zealand has asked me to try and find out what became of his grandfather. He deserted his wife after 1911, we were hoping to see where he moved to and who with

Flick

Flick Report 25 May 2011 13:07

Have you tried looking for his death?

Jackie

Jackie Report 25 May 2011 15:19

This is the one most likely:

Edward Emery

abt 1872

Oct-Nov-Dec 1940

Essex South Western

Essex

Nannylicious

Nannylicious Report 26 May 2011 20:21

The Vestry House Museum in Walthamstow (Waltham Forest) is very helpful. If you google Vestry House Walthamstow you should be able to find contact details etc. I went there myself a few years ago and was able to search microfiche films and a variety of other records. If you cannot attend in person (I had to telephone first to make an appointment), it is worth sending them an email enquiry.

I

Jackie

Jackie Report 30 May 2011 17:56

Thanks so much for the info Pamela, I should be able to make a visit there :o)