Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maurice

Maurice Report 25 May 2011 09:54

Hopefully this is the correct board.

My neice wishes to purchase a FTM off Amazon, either the Platinum or Deluxe version 2011.

Does anyone know if either of these versions come with a free 6 months sub to Ancestry.
Also if she purchases two, one as a gift can she herself use the two free 6 months free sub for Ancestry.

Thank you for any replies.

Best wishes
Maurice.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 25 May 2011 09:57

The Platinum edition comes with 6 months Ancestry Premium membership included. Whether she would be entitled to 2x 6 months Ancestry memberships if she bought 2 copies I do not know but I'm sure Ancestry will advise her on that.

P.S. Tell her to shop around as Amazon is not necessarily the cheapest place to purchase it from.

Maurice

Maurice Report 25 May 2011 09:59

Thank you very much for your reply Jonesy.

Best wishes
Maurice.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 25 May 2011 10:11

You register the FTM when you load it onto your PC thats when you get the 6 months free subs.kick in Only the PC where the programme is loaded will get the subs. Its not transferrable.

Maurice

Maurice Report 25 May 2011 10:45

Thank you for your reply Shirley, it is appreciated.
Best wishes
Maurice.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 25 May 2011 17:38

To see the options and for some of the best deals for FTM, have a look on here : -

http://www.twrcomputing.co.uk/store/Family_Tree_Maker_2011.html

You get the same version of the FTM tree software, regardless of which option you choose. The 'extras' are mainly to do with the Ancestry sub you get.

Before you decide which Ancestry sub is best suited to you , go to their site and see what records you get. There is no point in going for Premium or World if the additional databases are of no use you you.

Personally I find that Essentials gives me what I need.

Sorcha

Sorcha Report 25 May 2011 19:27

Hi Maurice,
Amazon are doing FTM 2011 Platinum Edition for £29.99 which includes 6 months Premium sub for Ancestry uk.
I have been previously using the FTM 2006 version and find the newer version very user friendly.
Regards,
Sorcha

Maurice

Maurice Report 27 May 2011 07:38

Belated apologies to Inspector Green Pen and Sorcha for not thanking you for your replies.

Unfortunately i was called away unexpectedly and have just returened to my threads.

Best wishes to both

Maurice.

MarkMorgan

MarkMorgan Report 29 May 2011 11:31

Maurice,

if you haven't bought it yet and you have some Tesco's Clubcard vouchers you can get the Platinum 2011 version for just £19 of vouchers and this also includes 6-months of Ancestry free.

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=1656

Mark.