Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family Tree Maker

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppie

poppie Report 25 May 2011 13:27

Hello All

Please could you advise me on the Family Tree Maker Ancestry had a while ago, I started it on my old computer now I cant access it to put on memory stick and load on to new machine, its was similar to ancestry where you could pull information across and it would automatically add to your tree ( hope you all understand my technical terminology !!!) it had space below to add your own details. Do you know where I can up load this system or similar I use Ancestry and GR at present

Thank you in advance

Kind regards
Poppy

PS it may not be till next week before I can reply as I will be working not allowed to use work computer
:-(

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 26 May 2011 10:53

Did you actually have Family Tree Maker loaded on your PC. It does upload the info to Ancestry if you accept the transfer.
I keep getting messages on my FTM 2006 version that now I have added X entries do I want to upload it to Ancestry.?

Ii order to put the info on a new PC you have to reload FTM programme ,You can then upload the old info onto a memory stick and transfer it across. You have to have FTM programm loaded first though on the new PC

poppie

poppie Report 30 May 2011 13:09

Thank you for you reply

I use Ancestry FTM have 12 monthly subs, the other one was one they did about 2years ago dont recall seeing it done since.

Kind regards
Carolyn

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 30 May 2011 13:58

You can upload via GEDCOM to both Ancestry, GR and other genealogy sites offering a tree building service and download onto your new machine.

However you will need the software on your new machine to manipulate the data