Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WALTER ARNOLD

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Elsie

Elsie Report 26 May 2011 22:06

As a family we have lost touch with WALTER ARNOLD - known as Wally or Wall. Despite many attempts to contact him by phone or letter we have been unsuccessful with no response. We are hoping this mail may be seen by someone who knows him or of his whereabouts. Last known place of residence was in Louth, Lincolnshire. He was born in LONDON, lived in Kent briefly after his first marriage to Margaret. They had two children Carol and Michael, Michael died when he was still a young man. Wally also lived in Brentwood and Basildon Essex; His first wife died and he then married Joy who also sadly died. Later he married a third time and at some point moved to live in Lincolnshsire We believe his daughter Carol lived nearby and visited him on a fairly regular basis. We know that over the past couple of years he had problems hearing and was using a wheelchair.. Wally was born around 1924. His Sisters Jean and Marie and brother Ted, also his nieces and nephews and their families wish him well and hope he or his nearest and dearest may get in touch. His family are always thinking of him and only wish to know that he is

Flick

Flick Report 26 May 2011 22:12

Please can you delete the other two posts......you must have been a bit heavy-handed with the submit button

I would have thought his siblings would know his exact DOB..............but please don't post it here.

If he is alive, he may not wish to have his life history on display on this insecure site

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 May 2011 22:31

I think his birth is registered in the first quarter of 1926. Middle initial is E.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 26 May 2011 22:34

Looks like he's on the electoral register for 2010 on 192.com. No longer in Louth but in Mablethorpe.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 May 2011 18:59

I give up!

I sent Elsie information on electoral roll websites and received the following.

"No thankyou. Don't like your tactics in how you responded to my genuine e mail search for lost relative just to boost your membership and revenue. Especially when I am already a fully paid up member of GR."

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 30 May 2011 19:08

Rose,
That has put a big smile on my face, for all the wrong reasons.
I sit here shaking my head.
Well done to you for your efforts from the rest of us.

Flick

Flick Report 30 May 2011 21:00

Weird...............to say the least

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 31 May 2011 10:10

Rose,
She must have thought the message came from GR, suggesting she buy some more services from them.....!

Flick

Flick Report 31 May 2011 13:45

Can't imagine why she would think that....the sender's name is on the message.......and Elsie isn't exactly new to the site.....or the boards

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 31 May 2011 21:18

With no response on this thread I emailed Elsie and told her he was now in Mablethorpe but she'd have to use 192.com to get the address.

I had a civil response that 192 was too expensive and to let her know of other options. The above message was in response to my email about ukroll.com

Rose

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 31 May 2011 21:33

And what's it all doing on "Genealogy Chat" anyhow ...?

:headscratch: emoticon ...

Flick

Flick Report 1 Jun 2011 10:03

Poor Walter......not worth a few quid.

They want to find him, but not if it involves expense...how sad.