Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Essential Maintenance

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Jun 2011 19:21

As i am not able to get onto any other board.........just wondered if everyone else is receiving this message.............

We are performing some essential maintenance on Genes Reunited, we apologise for any inconvenience caused. ?

It's been going on for a couple of hours now.

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 1 Jun 2011 19:41

I had that wording most of last week..today is the first day I haven't had to got through FR..

Then when I tried to get on GR today another page came up and asked me to send the url to genes as there was a problem.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Jun 2011 19:47

I can obviously get on here and the Quizzes and Games board..........but the others give the Essential Maintenance message. Hmmm........oh well, i might just flick the duster round!! :-S

tempest

tempest Report 1 Jun 2011 20:33

I had that several times earlier today, I refreshed the page and it seemed to resolve itself (sometimes I needed to refresh a few times)

I also keep getting blank pages that only show the flock wallpaper!

for goodness sake put the duster down, things can't be that bad!

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Jun 2011 20:41

lol Thankyou Tempest.........26 views and only two replies, i thought it must just be me!!
Gosh, all that refreshing! I quite like a bit of flock wallpaper...........but all get is the Essentials message.
Huh! Going off for a bit of a sulk! :-\

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Jun 2011 20:41

I had it for a few minutes earlier today, for every function/board.

There are loads of threads going on about problems with the site. One not far down this board, I think.

There are undoubtedly things being done to it by the developers. Hopefully, good things.

They did fix the emoticon problem ...

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 1 Jun 2011 20:47

Yippeeee..........i signed out, signed back in again...........clicked "Reload" and i am cooking on gas!!! lol ;-)

I know this thread doesn't really belong here..............but i will leave it for a while in case it helps anyone out. PH x

The dusting will just have to wait for another day!! Tee Hee.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 1 Jun 2011 20:51

The other thing that's been discussed is clearing your cache -- as pages are updated, the versions in your cache may interfere with loading.

It's all kind of magical incantations, but like rubbing a rabbit's foot, one never knows ...