Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing a tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jun 2011 10:18

Hmmmm, dont know if Ive asked this in the past but if I have I am no nearer a solution!

I have a GR tree and a tree on FTM (2008) I cannot for the life of me print of a tree that doesnt come out on about 50 bits of paper :-S

Anyone got any ideas how I can print as many ancestors as possible on one A4 sheet?

Thanks all

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Jun 2011 10:54

It won't be possible to print a large family tree that takes up 50 sheets of paper on just one A4 page - it just wouldn't be legible.

If you want it on one sheet of paper (although not A4) then you could get in touch with Ron O'Neill at www.genealogyprinters.com

They will do a great job of printing on one large sheet of paper and you can add as much detail as you want. Ron either is or used to be a member of Genes and will tell you exactly what he needs to print your tree.

Kath. x

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jun 2011 10:58

Thanks Kath

I will get in touch with him

Do you know how many people I would get on one A4, whilst keeping it legible?

x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Jun 2011 11:09

Not sure Ginny - but it wouldn't be many if you wanted any detail on it (like year of birth, marriage and death etc.

Kath. x

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Jun 2011 11:55

Descendant charts are difficult once you get to more than a few generations, without printing many pages and sticking them together as a poster.

Pedigree Charts are easier as they lend themselves better to printing in book format which is much easier to manage.

If you want to print lots of information then why not look at FTM's Genealogy Reports, rather than a chart.

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jun 2011 12:02

Thanks

I have had a little mooch on the reports but I need to spend more time and try to get my head around it

Im going to give Ron a call now and see what he can offer

thanks for the help

x

Gee

Gee Report 10 Jun 2011 18:34

Kath

I spoke to Ron today (for ages) and he was so helpful and really sweet...thanks for the lead

x

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 10 Jun 2011 23:15

Hi Ginny,

Glad Ron could help you. I'm sure that if you decide to go ahead and have Genealogy Printers print your tree you will be very happy with the results.

Regards Kath. x