Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Certs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

MeJoy75

MeJoy75 Report 11 Jun 2011 07:09

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me what information is on Irish marriage certificates c1820, as well as birth certificates around the same time,

Thanks, Joy

Astra

Astra Report 11 Jun 2011 07:35

I don't think there would be either birth or marriage certificates that early. In England it is 1837 before certificates become available and prior to that you have to rely on parish records.
Not sure about Ireland though.

Just googled and found this

Under the civil registration system, Irish marriage records date back to 1845 (for non-Catholic marriages) and to 1864 for all marriages, regardless of religion

Try searching here

https://www.familysearch.org/

MeJoy75

MeJoy75 Report 11 Jun 2011 10:06

Thanks Astra, have tried familysearch no luck. Might have to see if there are any of the family on the 1841 Census.

Joy

Joy Report 11 Jun 2011 10:53

And the only complete census in Ireland available are the 1901 and 1911 that are free.

There are Irish research tips that I shall bring forward for you.

MeJoy75

MeJoy75 Report 11 Jun 2011 12:05

Thanks Joy, much appreciated.

Joy