Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry.com?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Jun 2011 16:15

If you subscribe to Ancestry.com and not co.uk does it only let you look at American records and not UK ones?

Thanks
Kim

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 17 Jun 2011 16:30

I believe you can look at all the records thats why its dearer than the UK site which is the premiun membership

supercrutch

supercrutch Report 17 Jun 2011 16:38

Hi Kim,

AFAIK the website portal .com or co.uk makes no difference to your search results for which you have paid to access.

Via co.uk the first search results will be UK based, on .com the results will be US based. However, if you have only a standard membership you won't be able to access everything.

If you have paid for worldwide membership you will be able to 'see' the records from whichever country holds the originals.

If you log into co.uk you can refine your search to other countries and the results will appear in the order you choose.

Sue

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 17 Jun 2011 17:26

Thanks Shirley & Sue

I asked the question as got email from them offering a reduction on the annual subscription but after rereading it I think you can only access the US records for $113 :((

Kim