Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

births after 1954

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 21 Jun 2011 10:21

Hi,

I am having problems getting freebmd to go any further than 1952/3 for any records.
I want to find any children from a marriage in 1953 and thats the only site i get access to.
As one part of the couple is still possibly living I don't want to put full names.
I can say that the surname is HUMPHREY with mmn as YARHAM. Births would most probably be Peterborough.

I would be grateful for any help.

Cheryl :-)

EDIT --- I HAVE CHANGED MMN AS I PUT THE WRONG ONE --- SORRY :-(

Maddie

Maddie Report 21 Jun 2011 10:33

had alook on find my past
nothing coming up
found one on ancestry but prior to 1953
will pm you
maddie

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 21 Jun 2011 10:34

Thanks Maddie

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 21 Jun 2011 10:58

Thanks howard. I thought I was going mad..lol

I only have standard subs at present so can't check the records on here.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 21 Jun 2011 11:10

OMG --- I have lost the plot. Please forgive me.

The surname combination is HUMPHREY with mmn Yarham. marraige is still 1953.

Thanks guys.

Cheryl
ps Maddie the birth you found for me is still good as it is the brother of the person I am asking for children of

Maddie

Maddie Report 21 Jun 2011 12:44

hi cheryl
cannot find any births of that combination
maddie

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 21 Jun 2011 13:05

Thank you so much.

It doesn't look like there were any children, which is a shame. I am trying to reunite cousins. Someone has been in touch with me, who's dad knew nothing about his relatives as his mum moved away from the home with the children when he was very young. He was told his father had passed away in the 1940's, when he infact died in the 70's. He is trying to make contact with any relations and as he is retired I am trying to help him.

We have found an aunt who lives about 7 miles from me and they are going to write to her as she is elderly. They want to tread carefully.

Thanks again for your help.

Andysmum

Andysmum Report 21 Jun 2011 17:06

I only have standard membership, but can look at the free births and marriages on GR. I have just found the marriage you mention in the Sept Qtr 1953 in Peterborough. The births seem to go up to 1983, which should be enough for your purposes. They are not indexed, so require a bit of patience but, unless you are looking for a name like Smith, it should be possible to identify the right ones.

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 21 Jun 2011 22:04

Thanks Andysmum.
It doesn't look like they had chichen.

Thanks again