Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thomas B Lynch - Born 1916 in Whitehaven

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerrie

Kerrie Report 22 Jun 2011 20:46

I cannot find a death record for Thomas..... i had a thought that he was maybe killed in WW2 (maybe way off base here) but the death records i find are not very detailed - can anyone help?

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 22 Jun 2011 20:53

Any idea what the B stands for?

Maureen

Kerrie

Kerrie Report 22 Jun 2011 20:56

Hi, not totally sure but his dads name was Thomas Brockbank Lynch - so im presuming its the same?

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 22 Jun 2011 20:56

There's this one:
England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2005 about Thomas Brockbank Lynch
Name: Thomas Brockbank Lynch
Birth Date: 4 Aug 1916
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1982
Age at Death: 66
Registration district: Southend On Sea
Inferred County: Essex
Volume: 9
Page: 2467

Maureen

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 22 Jun 2011 20:59

Oh good! That worked out well!

Maureen

Kerrie

Kerrie Report 22 Jun 2011 21:00

Wow, thanks. Is this a normal death record or a military one? I presume he is living in Essex at the time? I really appreciate this Maureen thanks for your help x

MaureeninNY

MaureeninNY Report 22 Jun 2011 21:08

It's a normal death record.And yes,in Essex. No idea if he was married-tried to match him up but no luck so far.

Maureen

Kerrie

Kerrie Report 24 Jun 2011 14:16

Maureen, looks like he was married to a lady called Ellen Birch, he must have moved down south for work i presume. Thanks for your help on this xx

Kerrie

Kerrie Report 24 Jun 2011 14:16

Maureen, looks like he was married to a lady called Ellen Birch, he must have moved down south for work i presume. Thanks for your help on this xx