Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Search box

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KenFromNearTheStones

KenFromNearTheStones Report 3 Jul 2011 13:47

How can I move the search box on my & other family tree? I can't use it because it is over the name of the persons tree.

Ken, Wiltshire born & bread :-(

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Jul 2011 14:13

You need to re-size the page to fit your screen better.

Hold down the Ctrl key and move your scrollwheel up or down till you get the desired effect.

KenFromNearTheStones

KenFromNearTheStones Report 3 Jul 2011 14:30

Thanks, but that still leaves the search box where it is and still not able to use it.

Ken, wiltshire born & bread

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Jul 2011 18:08

OK.

Next thing is to check your screen resolution. The optimum size for GR pages is 1024 x 768 pixels

Incidentally has it always been like this or has it just happened? If the latter, what changes have you recently made which might affect your browser settings?