Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for help again please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 18:59

Hello, I have been tring to find a marriage for a William Stone, He married a lady called Ethel but I unfortunately do not have her maiden name. They had a son who`s name I do have but not sure if I can use it here, he was born in 1944.

Any help would be amazing.

Many thanks

Wayne

Ann

Ann Report 5 Jul 2011 19:03

do you have a place of marriage?

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:06

Ann,

I`m not sure, I think Ethel was from Leicester area and William was from the Bournemouth area, they did live together in the Bournemouth area but I am unsure of where they got married sorry.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2011 19:09

Do you know what area the son was born in, or the marriage took place?
Have you found the son's birth in free bmd, as you will then have the maiden name of his Mother?

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Added:
Do you know what year range for the marriage?
Thanks

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:13

I thought I had the right name but it turned out to be wrong, The sons birth was in May 1944 as far as I am aware but thats all I know.
I can PM you his name if you wish.

As for where the marriage took place again I dont know.

I`m not alot of help am I.

Ann

Ann Report 5 Jul 2011 19:19

If you find the son's birth you will have his moms maiden name,if you want to post his name and where he was born I will have a search

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2011 19:19

There are about 10 marriages for William Stone to Ethel from 1936 to 1945.
There are no births in 1944 for a Stone with mother's name fitting to one of those marriages.
So, either this was a second marriage, or did not happen.
Could you pm his name ?
Thanks

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:24

P Messages sent

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2011 19:27

Thanks for the name.
Do you know if he had a middle name?

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:29

If it helps at all I was told William Stone was killed in a car accident on the Salisbury to Blandford road but I dont have the year for that either.

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:30

Middle name possibly Edward

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2011 19:38

There are 6 Stones born in June quarter 1944. 2 have the middle initial E. One of those has parents Cyril and Ethel, the other I cannot yet place. (But he was born in Bristol. Bournemouth and Leicester are not showing if you are absolutely sure of year.)

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:42

Its the Cyril and Ethel I had but I have been informed that his father was definately William, very wired.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jul 2011 19:55

I will pm you the other Stone birth (from ancestry as it does not yet appear to be in free bmd).
Then you possibly need a marriage of Ethel to Mr X, and then Ethel X to William Stone.
Or you could apply for the birth certificate.

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 19:56

I have just made a call and he was definately born in 1944

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 20:00

Ok, Thanks Patchem PM recieved, and also thanks to you Ann for your help and time greatly appreciated.

Wayne

jax

jax Report 5 Jul 2011 20:22

You say you did'nt know what her maiden name was? I see from one of your other threads you said her name was Mee or was this a different Ethel?

jax

Marriages Dec 1943 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mee Ethel W Stone Barrow S. 7a 384
Stone Cyril E J Mee Barrow S. 7a 384

Name: Ethel Winifred Stone
Birth Date: 6 May 1924
Date of Registration: Feb 2000
Age at Death: 75
Registration district: Bournemouth
Inferred County: Hampshire
Register number: C16D
District and Subdistrict: 4271C
Entry number: 103

jax

jax Report 5 Jul 2011 20:39

Name: Cyril Edward J Stone
Birth Date: 18 Apr 1920
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1973
Age at Death: 53
Registration district: Salisbury
Inferred County: Wiltshire
Volume: 7c
Page: 2091

Wayne

Wayne Report 5 Jul 2011 21:37

Hello jax and thankyou.

I thought the maiden name was Mee but have been told from a family member that the Husband is William and not Cyril but everything for Cyril Stone and Ethel Mee fits like a glove so I am slightly very confused.