Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Best Sites - Subscription

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

poppycat

poppycat Report 10 Jul 2011 08:13

Which Genealogy site has the best value going at the moment, with the most completed transcribed Records.

Flick

Flick Report 10 Jul 2011 08:28

Best way to find out is to look at their home pages for info about the records they hold .....then at the subscription info.........and compare what is on offer

Your decision will be influenced by your sphere(s) of interest............

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 10 Jul 2011 08:32

As already said by Flick it will depend on your interest

I use Ancestry because it has London Marriages and Baptisms etc

Look out for 14 day trials on sites such as Ancestry - you have to remember to cancel otherwise you will get charged a full subscription

Location, England or Scotland etc, will play a part in your decision

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 10 Jul 2011 09:13

One of the cheapest ways to get a subscription at Ancestry is to purchase a copy of Family Tree Maker 2011 Platinum Edition. That will cost you about £30 if you shop around on sites such as Amazon ect. Apart from an excellent family tree program you also get 6 months Ancestry Premium subscription included which alone is worth upto £77.

poppycat

poppycat Report 10 Jul 2011 09:36

Many Thanks to all of you!!! who have given me good advice & will give me something to think about before i decide which way i go.