Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1911 Census subscription

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

wansbeck82

wansbeck82 Report 17 Jul 2011 19:51

hi

I am wanting to search the 1911 census records myself so i don't have to keep pestering people on here, so i was thinking of subscribing to FMP. Does anyone use this and would you recommend it? Also what package would you recommend?

Thanks in advance
Rachel

wansbeck82

wansbeck82 Report 17 Jul 2011 19:59

Thanks for your answer

1911 Census are powered by FMP so prices will be the same, i have looked at the prices for pay as you go and i think i would be using quite lot of credits, so don't think they will last me very long.

PricklyHolly

PricklyHolly Report 17 Jul 2011 20:02

I have a subscription with FMP just for the 1911 census............it is easy to read and works well for me.

wansbeck82

wansbeck82 Report 17 Jul 2011 20:11

Yes the names are pretty common i'm afraid so will be using alot. When you subcribe for 6 or 12 months is that unlimited searches?

TY

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 17 Jul 2011 20:27

These are the prices for FMP,,,,

Full Subscription for a year is £129-95 and you can have a look at all the records.

6 months subs are £82-95 for all records..

1911 Census Only

6 months £39-95

12 months £59-95..

Hope this helps..

I use FMP all the time...good site.

Sue

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 17 Jul 2011 20:28

Findmypast does offer a 14 day free trial but not sure what would be included

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 17 Jul 2011 20:31

I have a 6 month sub for the 1911 on Findmypast. When I renewed they offered me a 20% discount so that was good.

I do find it fiddly sometimes to find people so I find it worth paying the sub rather than the pay as you go. At least I have the option of clicking on the wrong ones!

Jill

wansbeck82

wansbeck82 Report 17 Jul 2011 20:50

This is brilliant, thanks you to everyone.... i am going to press the button now.

thanks for your help xx

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jul 2011 22:15

This is the original site - http://www.1911census.co.uk/ - which, although, as stated, is "powered by find my past", does have a different search engine, so I understand; therefore, it is useful to check in this if it cannot be found in the find my past site.