Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whats happened to the old GR ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 17 Jul 2011 22:15

Hello,
I just wondered whats happened to the old Genes Reunited,Its been some months that I have not been on here,and it looks so different.
How on earth do I click onto the page that showed others researching same names as me, and questions and answers that had been posted..the pages seem more jumbled up and not as clear...sorry its just probebly me, and my eyes....and from having sometime off here..
Regards
Christine

mgnv

mgnv Report 17 Jul 2011 22:32

Under "Tools" in the left margin, bookmarks have been renamed watched threads, and "My threads" has all the threads you've ever posted on, assuming you didn't go back and delete your posts - it also says when the last post was made (by anyone) on each of those threads.

The old 3 main query boards have been combined into 3 new boards - Genealogy Chat, Find Ancestors, Find Living Rellies, and all the old posts assigned to one of those.

I don't know what happened to the old surnames board - I never used it.

Christine

Christine Report 17 Jul 2011 22:39

Thankyou so much for your replies,Gosh I have missed so much, I will miss the old Surnames board...
But one thing I did remember was mgnv , will never forget you,
Many thanks for all the replies
Christine

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jul 2011 22:51

Hello, Christine

I * think * if you click on search trees top left on the screen, then surname summary, that may help - I hope :)

This is in the announcements board - http://www.genesreunited.co.za/boards.page/board/announcements/thread/1267171

Christine

Christine Report 17 Jul 2011 22:55

Hello Joy,
How lovely to see you ! Thanks for your reply, I will give it ago.
Christine

Joy

Joy Report 17 Jul 2011 22:59

You're welcome :-)

TootyFruity

TootyFruity Report 18 Jul 2011 00:10

you could also use Advanced search to see if any threads carry a particular surname

Christine

Christine Report 18 Jul 2011 10:13

Good morning TootyFruity,
Thankyou very much,you have been a great help to me x :-)