Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help!!! my tree has gone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 28 Jul 2011 18:09

Is anyone else having the same problem? I can't even look at my contacts trees....Is a bit annoying when you are working on something lol

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 28 Jul 2011 18:25

My trees there!!!
Sorry that dont help you

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 28 Jul 2011 18:45

Presumably this has just happened recently?

Chances are it isn't loading. This can sometimes happen if your browser is full of clutter and there is no space left for it to load.

Clear out your cache / temp files, shut down, restart and try again.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Jul 2011 18:58

This might be a bug.

Someone the other day was saying that neither they nor their sibling could see each others trees. They had been able to in the past.

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 28 Jul 2011 19:43

Thank you all I have done what was said, have cleared all my cache and done all the cleanups and now it is loading.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 29 Jul 2011 07:09

If there was a bug them more people would be affected. Nevertheless this is a problem which crops up regularly.

GR Trees - in terms of web page size - are relatively large and if there is insufficient space for it to load it either fails altogether or only partially loads with bits appearing to be missing. Your browser is supposed to release space automatically but this doesn't always work, especially when the page you are loading is large.

Clearing temp files on a regular basis is the easiest way to resolve this type of problem. Sometimes pressing F5, can help, especially if a page load problem suddenly appears mid session. This refreshes the page anew from the website.

Anyway, Nicola, glad to hear it worked for you.