Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William M. Gregson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 29 Jul 2011 22:20

I think this man is my great grandfather. I have found him on the 1901 Census, but I cant find his birth details or death details. The details I have are as follows he was 29 years old on the census he was married to Isabella who was 28 years old. They had two sons one being my grandfather Alfred Redvers Gregson who was born in 1901. Their address at the time was 13 Dunbar Street, Liverpool.Hope you can help.

Susan

Susan Report 29 Jul 2011 22:37

Many thanks Colin. Do you know his date of birth?

Derek

Derek Report 29 Jul 2011 23:01

Hello Susan..judging from the details on the 1901 and 1891 Censuses..WILLLIAM M GREGSON was born in Tranmere CHESHIRE not Lancs..son of Robert and Margaret Gregson.......
You might look on Cheshire OLPC.....and in fact the Cheshire BMD's are free online....

I am also descended from Gregsons..and they ARE A NIGHTMARE!!

Derek...(Derbyshire)

Edit 23.02.....WILLIAM MALLEY GREGSON birth registered Tranmere on the Wirral Cheshire 1871

Derek

Derek Report 30 Jul 2011 22:26

Hi Colin.....good work!! but useless if people don't return to their Threads..as so often happens.

Derek.

Susan

Susan Report 31 Jul 2011 20:30

Thanks Colin for all your info. It was all very helpful. Sue