Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry Transcription

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Staffslass

Staffslass Report 9 Aug 2011 10:30

I do have the information I am asking for but I would just like to know what is transcribed on Ancestry if possible.

Albert Molineux 1860 Cannock Staffordshire.

Thank you

Sal

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Aug 2011 10:37

Is it a census transcription you are looking for? I have Findmypast but not Ancestry if that is any good.

Kath. x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Aug 2011 10:40

1861?
Name: Albert Molineux
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1860
Relation: Son
Father's name: Thomas Molineux
Mother's name: Harriet Molineux
Where born: Brereton, Staffordshire, England

Civil parish: Rugeley
County/Island: Staffordshire

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage: View image

Registration district: Lichfield
Sub-registration district: Rugeley
ED, institution, or vessel: 16
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 74
Piece: 1978
Folio: 82
Page Number: 14
Household Members: Name Age
Thomas Molineux 36
Harriet Molineux 32
William Molineux Moredale 17
Thomas Molineux 5
Albert Molineux 1

Roy

Staffslass

Staffslass Report 9 Aug 2011 10:41

Hi,

Thanks for the reply I have it is a census transcription but I wanted to get it corrected on FMP and this is the reply I received

After careful consideration we have decided that an amendment to the transcription is not required.

Our process in dealing with errors is to look at our transcription alongside the original census image. If the transcription matches what the enumerator wrote on the census, then we will not amend it as we aim to provide you with an exact copy of the original census page.

We hope you continue to enjoy using findmypast.co.uk.

Sal

Staffslass

Staffslass Report 9 Aug 2011 10:43

Porkie

Thank you but I do have all the information it was just that I wanted to see how Ancestry had transcribed that particular one because I know there was another person and it shows on the original as far as I can see, just wanted to make sure it wasn't me going mad.

Sal

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 9 Aug 2011 10:47

The family are transcribed as Molina in the 1861 census on Findmypast.

There are the same people on the image as Roy has given. However the last three people have been transcribed as Robinson but I'd say the image definitely looks like Molineux.

Kath. x

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 9 Aug 2011 10:47

i get that too sometimes from FMP when the info is incorrectly transcribed but they wont accept it.
For instance my mums half sister was surname was Sanson ,grandad wrote the S in the way they were taught in "real writing" WE were taughht too using that phrase, but they transcribed its as an L and wont accept the amendment .or make any note against it like Ancestry do . Makes nonsense of any searches

Staffslass

Staffslass Report 9 Aug 2011 10:50

Shirley,

It does, I asked them to put a correction on with a page number for a different family member and they did it no question, I thought that it would have been harder to get them to change the page number as they can't see what was written.

I guess this is why we need to check more than one site and get certificates or visual proof ourselves.

Sal

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Aug 2011 10:57

Have you got this?

England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1861-1941
about William Thomas Molineux Name: William Thomas Molineux
Probate Date: 9 Jun 1896
Death Date: 27 Dec 1887
Death Place: Staffordshire, England
Registry: Lichfield

William Thomas Molineux of queen street high town cannock staffordshire miner died 27 december 1887 probate lichfield 9 june to Harriet Molineux widow effects £58

Roy

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 9 Aug 2011 10:59

1871 from ancestry

Name: William T Molineux
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Harriet Molineux
Where born: Rugeley, Staffordshire, England
Civil parish: Rugeley
Ecclesiastical parish: Brereton
Town: Brereton
County/Island: Staffordshire
Registration district: Lichfield
Sub-registration district: Rugeley
ED, institution, or vessel: 16
Household schedule number: 39
Piece: 2919
Folio: 96
Page Number: 8
Household Members: Name Age
William T Molineux 40
Harriet Molineux 42
Thomas Molineux 15
Albert Molineux 11
Ernest Molineux 4
Jabez Molineux 4 Months

Roy

Staffslass

Staffslass Report 9 Aug 2011 11:01

Porkie,

Wow I hadn't got that I wouldn't have thought they would have had any money to leave a will being miners, not the best paid job at the time.

Sal