Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost Photos Forum-Where has it gone?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 10 Aug 2011 20:32

A few years ago I joined the Lost Photos Forum having found it through GR. I have tried to find it again and cannot. Does anyone know if it still exists and if so how I can find it. I seem to recall the site was lostphotos@sgrforum.

Many thanks Lainey

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 10 Aug 2011 21:47

Never heard of it I'm afraid. What exactly was it and its purpose?

If you are looking for a file recovery program to recover picture files that you have deleted by mistake or by accident then there are lots of programs available to do that, some of them such as Recuva are available free.

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 10 Aug 2011 22:30

Hello Jonesey,

Thank you for the advise. The website was one I used to use on my old pc which is now broken. It was a website where you can add photos which you have found/discovered/inherited etc and try and find the previous owners of those pictures or other members may be able to identify the people within.

Members of GR introduced me to the website originally so I am hoping there are still members around who know about this site and whether it is still available.

Thanks again Lainey

NicolaDunbyNocula

NicolaDunbyNocula Report 10 Aug 2011 23:11

Have nudged up a thread for you Lainey about the lost photos website

sailorbaz

sailorbaz Report 11 Aug 2011 02:23

Hi Lainey,
Try this one:
http://genealogyphotos0.tripod.com

Barry

Lynski

Lynski Report 11 Aug 2011 05:03

This is the thread -

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1037321

Luckylainey

Luckylainey Report 12 Aug 2011 08:12

Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated.

Lainey