Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wills

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LakesLass

LakesLass Report 11 Aug 2011 16:55

Hello all
Could someone please advise the best way to find out whether my late uncle left a will or not. He died in 1987 in Southampton and we have received some correspondence we need to sort out. I've checked with the insurance company but they need to know this before going any further. I asked my Mum but at 91 she now cannot remember. He's her younger brother.
Apart from my Mum and her sister (89) there is no-one else to ask.

Thanks.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Aug 2011 17:14

Here's a list of Probate Offices which may be able to help.

http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/Probate/Probate_Offices

They probably all have slightly different set-up, but if you are in Hampshire I think you can go into the Winchester Office and check the registers for yourself.
See the site link for details.

Gwyn

LakesLass

LakesLass Report 12 Aug 2011 13:31

Thank you Gwyn