Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

People killed in the blitz, are

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 11 Aug 2011 19:12

there any records? My ex mother in law (Lilian) had an aunt named Gladys Gardner who she was very fond of. She lived in London during WW2 and used to write home. The letters suddenly stopped and Lilian's mother went to her grave never knowing if Gladys had been killed. She doesn't appear on the death index and hadnt married at the time, we can find no subsequent marriage. Was there an record of the identity of the bodies found?

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 11 Aug 2011 19:25

http://www.cwgc.org/default.asp

(above link has a category for Civilians)

Chris :)

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 11 Aug 2011 19:26

There are some civilian deaths on the Commonwealth War Graves site here:

http://www.cwgc.org/

I don't see Gladys though.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Aug 2011 19:27

Civilians are also recorded on the Commonweath War Graves list., ...but I can't see her there.
When was she born?

Have you tried looking in death indexes with different spellings?
Was Gladys her first name?

Gwyn

RStar

RStar Report 11 Aug 2011 19:29

Sorry had to bath daughter. She was born 1906, we dont know where in London she was living. She had no middle name. Gwyn, I'll try with different spellings. Thanks people.