Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

origins.net

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 Aug 2011 14:27

Has anyone used this site?

It's £55 per year which isn't too bad if it has a lot of info (there are other payment options £8 for 72 hours etc.)

But, it's not clear what information is given so wondered whether it's worth even a 72 hour sub.

Anyone tried it?

Jill

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 16 Aug 2011 19:13

Hi,
If you scroll down to the botttom right of page[Origins .net]..it gives you the A-Z of it's collection's.

Cass

Kim

Kim Report 17 Aug 2011 12:17

I've used it a couple of times - just a 72hour pass - it does have a few things which other sites don't have but also, I seem to remember, some extra charges for copies of documents. I subscribe to both Ancestry and Findmypast and would always choose these over other sites as the collections are being expanded all the time.

Best wishes

Kim
Hull, East Yorks
Happy to do look-ups in Hull Archives

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 18 Aug 2011 11:17

Thank you - both of you.

Jill