Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GEORGE HENRY DAYE

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine

Catherine Report 22 Aug 2011 22:06

Hi can anyone help me I am trying to find my birth father, George Henry Daye. I was born in Portsmouth in 1954, my parents lived in Elm Road,which no is longer there, my mother was Catherine Daye.

Catherine

patchem

patchem Report 22 Aug 2011 22:42

Do you know when your Father was born, or have you got a copy of your parents' marriage certificate (Portsmouth 1953)?

jax

jax Report 23 Aug 2011 03:47

Was he Canadian? There is one travelling to canada (canadian navy) with his family in 1959 wife and 3 children born between 1955 and 1958 and their address in the UK is Southsea, Hants

jax

I will pm what I have found about this man arriving and departing the UK as he could be living

jax

jax Report 23 Aug 2011 16:31

I notice the other posts say he was born approx 1915 so that counts my one out then he was a lot younger than that.

Also Southsea is in Portsmouth Fairthorn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 23 Aug 2011 16:53

The Portsmouth area newspaper, ... The News... has a free column when space permits called.... Where are they Now?
You can submit a brief request for information and they can be contacted by e mail.

Gwyn

jax

jax Report 23 Aug 2011 20:52

.Catherine was born in Portsmouth and her parents married there so I dont know why you have mentioned how far it is from Southampton??