Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

hugh wallis

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amanda

Amanda Report 9 Sep 2011 09:52

hello,
im having problems with the hugh wallis site, i can log on ,but it cant find the pages for me ,. is anyone else having the same prob ?
amanda

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 9 Sep 2011 10:11

There have been other threads on this but it looks very much like the IGI have removed the facility for searching by Batch Number from the 'old' site, which means that HW will no longer work.

Treehunter

Treehunter Report 9 Sep 2011 13:59

Yes i had a problem with that over last few days.

Hazelx

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 9 Sep 2011 15:33

A member of an FHS I belong to contacted Hugh Wallis and the following is his reply:-

" Unfortunately it seems the LDS have rearranged things at their end and so much of my site will not work now.
Looks like you are going to have to use their interface to access these records

Cheers
Hugh "

Hilary645633

Hilary645633 Report 9 Sep 2011 16:25

Hello,

I put up a post two days ago about this. It is making things difficult.

However, as I see it,if you want to look at a particular parish, you need HW to find the batch numbers for it. This, and the surname you are searching, can then be put into the Advanced Searchon the IGI site and the names are then accessed.Without the surname you just have to go through pages of results.

I do not know any other way of obtaining batch numbers, but if someone else does, perhaps can let us know.

Hilary

ElizabethK

ElizabethK Report 9 Sep 2011 16:39

This morning when I used Advanced Search the search results came up automatically on the new format :-(

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 10 Sep 2011 14:39

Finding the Batch No isn't the issue, it is the fact that you are then sent to the 'new' site which is the cause of complaint, and probably the reason why Hugh Wallis is no longer working as intended.