Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

sending for a will recently

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 15 Sep 2011 14:09

I sent my cheque on Aug 19th to HMCTS and haven't had a reply yet. Does anyone know how long it usually takes ?

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 15 Sep 2011 15:05

Hi Carole,

Mine took about 3 weeks to arrive, if you have had a reference from them give them a call to get an update.

Going off topic I took a duvet to Johnsons the cleaners and they said 4 weeks!! when I asked why she said "Well we do have a bank holiday coming up" jeesh........one day and you have to wait an extra 3 weeks for your duvet! lol

Pamela

Pamela Report 15 Sep 2011 18:26

Mine took about 4 weeks to arrive so there is still time for you to receive the will

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 16 Sep 2011 05:05

some wills were taking 2 to 3 months at one point last year

Carole

Carole Report 16 Sep 2011 09:53

Thank you everyone, I shouldn't give up on it yet then. I was so excited when I sent for it, I didn't realise it would take so long.

moonbi

moonbi Report 16 Sep 2011 11:35

hi Carole
I sent for a will and the NRO said they posted it on 15th August.
It still has not yet arrived by airmail to my Australian address.
exactly one month today.

Last week I was in contact with the NRO about it. seems international postage is very slow this month,

hope you get yours soon

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 16 Sep 2011 19:49

Mine took nearly six weeks to arrive, when I phoned up after four they said they are behind and it would be another four to six weeks, so in that respect after the telephone call I suppose it was `early`.

Carole

Carole Report 16 Sep 2011 21:21

I have renewed my expectancy of getting it at all now! But trying to with hold my excitment!

Carole

Carole Report 20 Sep 2011 18:05

Pleased to say the will I ordered arrived today.

moonbi

moonbi Report 28 Sep 2011 03:49

pleased to say the will I ordered arrived 28th Sept (6 weeks in the post)