Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

middlesbrough electoral rolls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 16 Sep 2011 23:59

Hiya

would like any information on the Webster family living at 14 Thomas St., North Ormesby, Middlesbrough after 1911.

thank you
Chris

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 17 Sep 2011 00:03

These are the contact details for the Reference Library in Middlesbrough. They may be prepared to do a look-up for you - they are usually very helpful:-

Central Library
Victoria Square
Middlesbrough
TS1 2AY

Reference Library
Tel: (01642) 729001
Tel: (01642) 729954
E-mail: [email protected]

Kath. x

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 17 Sep 2011 10:43

However, bear in mind that around 40% of men and all women were still disenfranchised in 1911.

Universal suffrage for men was not introduced until 1919, and whilst women were first given the right to vote at the same time around 25% were still excluded until 1928.

Christine

Christine Report 17 Sep 2011 13:53

Thank you both.

Will try the library and see what they come up with.
This was my Grandfathers family and we have no idea what happened to them between 1911 and when he met my Grandmother in the late 1930's.
My grandfather was born William Webster 1899 but had changed his surname to Graham by the time he married my Grandmother, we have no explanation why he should have done this.

Thanks Chris x

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 May 2012 21:00

the websters and grahams are well connected to each other in middlesbrough
but most lived over the boarder in old middlesbrough

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 May 2012 22:19

Old thread, Joy

JoyBoroAngel

JoyBoroAngel Report 12 May 2012 23:07

anno reggie but there was an enquirey yesterday for the grahams i
bumped it so they may see it