Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

morgans on 1911 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 21 Sep 2011 16:32

hi can anyone help. cant find r morgan (2 of them) on 1911 on genes yet can find a mention of them on ancestry. r morgan 131 hampton street, birmingham and r morgan 4 mott st st georges, birmingham. trying to find them on this site as it does give out occupation.

thanks

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2011 16:36

MORGAN, Reuben Head Married M 55 1856 Zinc Worker Birmingham CB VIEW
MORGAN, Kate Wife Married
11 years F 52 1859 Pen Marker Perrigs Birmingham CB VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
18076 Reference:
RG14PN18076 RG78PN1097 RD384 SD3 ED16 SN134

Registration District:
Birmingham Sub District:
St George Enumeration District:
16 Parish:
Birmingham

Address:
4 Mott Street Birmingham County:
Warwickshire

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 21 Sep 2011 16:37

MORGAN, Richard Head Married M 55 1856 Publican Birmingham VIEW
MORGAN, Emma Wife Married
1 years F 49 1862 Publican Birmingham VIEW
GRANT, Arthur Stepson Single M 16 1895 Jeweller Birmingham VIEW
DULEY, James Nephew Single M 30 1881 Barman Birmingham VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
18076 Reference:
RG14PN18076 RG78PN1097 RD384 SD3 ED16 SN217

Registration District:
Birmingham Sub District:
St George Enumeration District:
16 Parish:
Birmingham

Address:
131 Hampton Street Birmingham County:
Warwickshire

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 21 Sep 2011 21:51

thanks for that

not the right ones, back to drawing board.

thanks again

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Sep 2011 08:19

If you are really stuck, let me/us know who you are looking for and we'll have a go!
Jan

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 27 Sep 2011 16:11

well, i m trying to research for my elderly neighbour. her dad was reg morgan born 1908 in birmingham, his birth cert shows that his mom was clara rowbotham and his dad reg morgan a plumber. adrress was great colmore st, birmingham. cant find her on electoral registers. have found clara in 1901 with her parents again in 1911 with her son down as a lodger, no sign of dad. however, the fam story is that reg jnr was taken into a boys home when he was 14 cus his mom had a stroke and died. i searched for a death and came up with 1927 and sent for the cert. reg jnr was 19 and put down the address as 6 washington street, birmingham. again the electoral registers show that this house is unoccupied for a number of years. no sign of reg morgan. atho again fam story is that he died on the pitch playing rugby. he was a master plumber. trying to find him in electoral registers, on the moms death cert it states that she was a widow of reg morgan, but i cantsee that they married. such a mystery andquite a fairly modern day one.

thanks for any help.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 Sep 2011 22:25

I assume Reg is short for reginald and this is the name on the certs?

The 1911 you cite. A bit strange he is a lodger!

ROWBOTHAM, Clara Head Single F 36 1875 Dress Maker Tewkesbury Wycluster VIEW
JONES, Sam Lodger Widower M 63 1848 Jeweller Birm Ham VIEW
MCLAUCHLIN, Frank Lodger Single M 26 1885 Jeweller Birm Ham VIEW
MORGAN, Reginald Lodger M 2 1909 VIEW
RG number:
RG14 Piece:
17886 Reference:
RG14PN17886 RG78PN1092 RD383 SD2 ED2 SN40

Registration District:
Kings Norton Sub District:
Balsall Heath Enumeration District:
2 Parish:
Balsall Heath

Address:
205 Belgrave Road Balsall Heath County:
Worcestershire

jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Sep 2011 08:02

Have you tried looking for Clara/Rag senior on Midlands Historical Data site? This is unusual in that it enables you to look at some early electoral registers online, and to search by name as well as street. You have to buy credits but they are reasonable I believe.

www.midlandshistoricaldata.org/

Jan

mollymandysb

mollymandysb Report 8 Oct 2011 18:49

HI Jan

sorry not been on this site for sometime, no i v not looked on that site but will give it a try. have been trying to break down another brick wall, this one back to 1773 and into parish records.

always so difficult when you send for a death cert and you get age at death then it does not fit into parish records, although you can find a baptism say 11 years later. you have to be so careful which way to go

steph