Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cause of Death

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 24 Sep 2011 17:36

I have the death certificate for my Gr.Grandfather who died in 1882.
It just states "Paralysed for two years"
Do you think that means he had Polio?
I also thought that he may have had a stroke

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Sep 2011 17:45

Oh heck that is a little vague!! I suppose that may have been a possibility, or it could have been work related.........what was his occupation?

Sheila

Sheila Report 24 Sep 2011 17:48

He was a Master Grocer

**Ann**

**Ann** Report 24 Sep 2011 17:52

Sheila........it could be a number of reasons as to why he was paralysed, could be medical or through an accident. Wonder if there could be a obit for him??

Sheila

Sheila Report 24 Sep 2011 17:58

Ann,

Thank you for the suggestion of an obituary.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 24 Sep 2011 18:02

Have you got him on 1881 census? Just wondering if it offers any clues.
Jan

Karen in the desert

Karen in the desert Report 24 Sep 2011 18:56

One of my ancestors, a bricklayer, who died in 1865, has Paralysis as his cause of death.
I presumed it was a stroke, as I felt there might have been a bit more info if he'd been ill or had an accident. Just my guess of course.

K

Sheila

Sheila Report 26 Sep 2011 11:16

Sorry for delay in replying.

My first thought was that he had a stroke. I know that my grandmother his daughter suffered with High Blood Pressure as do two of my cousins.

Sheila