Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Elusive Marriage, Can someone please help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 25 Sep 2011 18:56

I have been struggling to find the marriage of my hubby's Grand Aunt and Uncle for a couple of years now. I have been told two different surnames for his wife, which add's to the confusion. Plus I don't have a great deal of info. But here's what I do have.

Edward Jones & Ivy Doris either Baker or Roberts. Married probably around 1930 possibly in either Flintshire or Cheshire. He was born in 1899 Hawarden, Flintshire and he lived and is buried in Broughton, Flintshire. They had a daughter named Shirley, but I also havne't been able to find a birth for her which matches either mm surname!

Thanks very much for any help, it will be much appreicated.

Regards, Lou

Kim

Kim Report 25 Sep 2011 19:32

?????Edward Jones and Ivy D Ellison

1930 Jun qr vol 11b pg 424 Hawarden, Flintshire

Kim

Kim Report 25 Sep 2011 19:35

Perhaps she was married before?

Best wishes

Kim in Hull

Lynne From Up North !!

Lynne From Up North !! Report 25 Sep 2011 19:36

This is the only one at the moment that I have come across:--

Marriages Jun 1930 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** Ellison Ivy D Jones Hawarden 11b 424
+++ Jones Edward Ellison Hawarden 11b 424
Jones Kate Roberts Hawarden 11b 424
Roberts Richard A D Jones Hawarden 11b 424

Lynne

Kim

Kim Report 25 Sep 2011 19:44

There's an Ivy Doris Ellison born in West Derby (Liverpool) in 1901....is this about the right date for your relative, Looby?

~Looby Loo~

~Looby Loo~ Report 25 Sep 2011 19:48

Hi Kim & Lynne,

Many many thanks for your help. I will speak to ma in law and see if she recognises the surname. But Ellison is a new one, will certainly look for thier daughter to see if it fits.

Thanks girls, I will add the details, just in case. it certainly is a new one I've not found.

Thanks again, Lou

Lynne From Up North !!

Lynne From Up North !! Report 25 Sep 2011 19:59

Hi Lou,

Perhaps their daughter's middle name was Shirley!!!!

I have found this birth which would fit the time scale showing first name of Irene:

Births Mar 1933 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jones Irene S Ellison Chester 8a 461

Having looked at the Chester area, this would fit with Harwaden - freebmd

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 25 Sep 2011 20:00

Will send a POSSIBLE birth for Shirley by pm (she may still be living).

Kath. x