Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How to become a Genealogist

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 30 Sep 2011 11:00

Can any one help how do you become a Genealogist ? Can you do a course online like The Open University? I work from home running my own business, but I,m so interested in this that I would like to train and get the proper qualifications

Maddie

Maddie Report 30 Sep 2011 11:18

does this help

Board for Certification of Genealogists ® - How to Become Certified
www.bcgcertification.org/certification/index.html - Block all www.bcgcertification.org results
Find a Genealogist · Search · BCG Education Fund · About BCG · Contact Us · Become Certified · Certification FAQs · Genealogy's Standards · BCG Publications ...

GypsyJoe

GypsyJoe Report 30 Sep 2011 11:42

ohh this is helpful thankyou

Gypsyjoe

Karen

Karen Report 30 Sep 2011 12:00

Sorry didnt realize there was a dupicate thread did I ask this question ages ago sorry

Karen

Karen Report 30 Sep 2011 12:09

This link that is given is American and seems to have no link to the Uk any ideas

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 30 Sep 2011 12:57

The Institute of Heraldic and Genealogical Studies offer courses that lead to recognised qualifications...

http://www.ihgs.ac.uk/

I am working my way, slowly, through the correspondence course which isn't cheap but in my opinion worth every penny.

There are a few people on here who are doing the same...But probably not as slowly as me!

Chris