Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

finding parents !!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 1 Oct 2011 21:29

I,m going mad!!! ...
I have 3 children and cant find their parents names .....I thought the parents are ted peters 1908 and Teresa scheuch ....but the children are born 1964 ,1966 and 1973 ...how do I find out the parents marriage?? if it was later I could put in surnames to free bmd........

Ted/edwards arents are Isabella Evans 1878 and david John peters 1868

Penny

Penny Report 1 Oct 2011 21:49

Would a bloke born on 1908 be capable of having a child in 1973? pushing the boundaries a bit. sure you havent missed a generation ?

Marriages Dec 1902
Dent Ellen Paddington 1a 208
Dent Ellen Mary Paddington 1a 208
Evans Isabella Paddington 1a 208 <<
Peters David John Paddington 1a 208 <<<<
Smart Henry Thomas A Paddington 1a 208

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 1 Oct 2011 21:51

Penny,

There is many a good tune played on an old fiddle but I suspect that you may be right. ;-)

Kemp,

The children's mothers maiden name is certainly Scheuch. To be certain who their parents were the easiest way will be to purchase one of the children's birth certificates. No Peters~Scheuch marriage shows up in England or Wales 1916~2005. Perhaps they married elsewhere, did not marry or perhaps the mother had been married before and married Mr Peters under her formerly married name.

Penny

Penny Report 1 Oct 2011 21:59

Sorry, we found no matches.
Search for Type: Births Surname: peters Spouse/Mother's surname: scheuch

Lynski

Lynski Report 1 Oct 2011 22:08

I have found all the births of the children but I can find no marriage between Peters and Scheuch even using variations?

The only thing you can do is to buy one of the birth certificates to find out the names of the parents.

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 1 Oct 2011 22:09

Thats what I think theres a generation missing and Thank you for your help ...I will get the certificate and see what I,m playing at!!!

Penny

Penny Report 1 Oct 2011 22:15

Lynski - what is the MMn on the childrens births? as Kemp says???

Lynski

Lynski Report 1 Oct 2011 22:22

MMN is Scheuch

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 1 Oct 2011 22:32

Yes thats right she is Austrian/german jew

Odd to come here to meet hubby then marry in germany but its possible

Ozibird

Ozibird Report 1 Oct 2011 23:06

Charlie Chaplin was 73 when his last child was born and there was never any talk that the child was not his. He was 55 when Oona and he had their first child (of eight.)

Ted Peters would only have been 56, 58 & 65 years when he had his children with Teresa.

Ozi

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 1 Oct 2011 23:19

and thats why I,m not sure I got it wrong coz I know for a fact ......Teresa was born much later .......

Penny

Penny Report 2 Oct 2011 07:04

I dont think Anyone is saying you have, just suggesting you might have.
You know Teresa was younger but you dont mention that fact in your request. nor the fact that she was Austrian!
Quite possible they did marry in Austria

KempinaPartyhat

KempinaPartyhat Report 4 Oct 2011 10:36

Have double check the info ......and Penny I did understand I could be wrong with dates of birth and other info ....You didnt offend in anyway .

I,m sending a pm about very personal reasons for not putting any more than I did on here

The info is right