Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 3 Oct 2011 08:22

I have used this sight before and had great success but this time the trail has gone stone dead,I realise that people are doing this voluntarily, but haven,t had any replies apart from one. I have platinum for a month and that is almost up can anyone help me. sorry to be a nuisance. Thank you. ;-)

Lynne From Up North !!

Lynne From Up North !! Report 3 Oct 2011 08:36

Morning Mary,

What or who are you looking for?

Lynne

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 3 Oct 2011 09:34

The trouble with most searches is that not everyone is looking for the same person at the same time, tree building can take years.
Perhaps if you take out a basic membership you may have longer to work on your tree.

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 3 Oct 2011 10:00

Not quite sure what it is you are expecting to find.

You mention Family Search in your heading. are you referring to the Family Search Website?

Mary

Mary Report 4 Oct 2011 07:51

I have details of my family tree on this sight, with samuel craig being my uncle but can,t find details of his family who I have been trying to contact.

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 4 Oct 2011 08:44

Mary,

I am sorry but I and I presume all the other GR members who are viewing your post are still not sure what exactly it is that you are trying to find out.

There are approximately 300 GR members who have someone named Samuel Craig in their family tree on Genes reunited. As you do not give any details of where and when your Samuel was born it is not possible for others to identify whether your Samuel appears in one or more of those trees. If you have identified another GR member who may have him in their tree have you sent them a GR private message?

Have you tried sites such as Facebook, Friends Reunited, www.192.com or indeed the telephone directory to try to locate him or any of his family members that you are aware of?