Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Pound Hill and Old Pound Hill in Mere Wiltshire.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 8 Oct 2011 22:41

Good evening to you all. I wonder if anyone can help me and a directive relation in Australia, I live in Spain.

We share ancestors who lived in both place as above and are recorded on the census of the times BUT we cannot find a map showing these places. We have also been in touch with a very help crew who manage a historical group in Mere but still no further forward.

Any help at all would be most welcome.

Bridget in Spain

:-)

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 8 Oct 2011 23:14

Try contacting the local library, who may be able to research for you.

A pound was an enclosure for animals , or a prison ?

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/162263

My thoughts are that it would be on the edge of a community, you wouldnt want smelly sheep too close to town !

Thelma

Thelma Report 9 Oct 2011 11:41

Try looking at adjacent pages,it will give a fair idea.
Or

Browse Individual Records in this Title
.County..
Civil Parish

Sub-registration District
.Enumeration District

SpanishEyes

SpanishEyes Report 10 Oct 2011 21:22

Thank you everyone.
It must be my ageing process failing me, as I also went to Google first but missed this one.
I will let you know my results.

Bridget in Spain. :-)