Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ancesters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Oct 2011 20:44

i just wanted to know about how you find out info on what your ancesters did, but the naughty bits as i would like to find out if my ancesters were naughty

Joy

Joy Report 9 Oct 2011 20:48

Naughty in what way? There is online, for instance the Old Bailey site that you could try, also a black sheep one:

http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/

http://www.blacksheepindex.co.uk/

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Oct 2011 20:51

thank you joy, i've heard a few stories about a few of my ancesters doing things they shouldn;t have been doing and i just wanted to find out if this was in fact true

Flick

Flick Report 9 Oct 2011 20:54

If they committed crimes, there may be records of trials etc.

If they were merely immoral, you may find out by checking the legitimacy - or otherwise - of any offspring.

Easier to do, of course, with the females...............they were the ones who gave birth. The males could father offspring at will, and there wouldn't be any record of it.............

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Oct 2011 21:01

thank you flick it was the committing of crimes

Derek

Derek Report 9 Oct 2011 23:50

If they committed crimes leading to transportation..there are several very good sites detailing Convict Transportation.............just google "Convict ships"............in fact, a general tip..Google Everything and Anything..your own surname..town village etc......you never know what you might find.

Derek.

Lisa

Lisa Report 10 Oct 2011 12:25

thank you derek will have a look