Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Susan Byrne

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shazzlou

Shazzlou Report 11 Oct 2011 19:53

Could some one with a full subscription do me a search for a Susan Byrnes birth on ancestry please c.1879 it would be in either Dublin or Co Wexford and her parents are Nicholas Byrne & Bridget. Its also possible that she has the middle name of Mary. I believe she wed and Ernest Gulliver or Gilliver in Dublin c.1899 also. Thanks

Andrew

Andrew Report 11 Oct 2011 20:10

Possible marriage?

Ireland, Civil Registration Marriages Index, 1845-1958
about Susan Mary Byrne Name: Susan Mary Byrne
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1898
Registration district: Dublin South
Volume: 2
Page: 634 (click to see others on page)
FHL Film Number: 10125

there is Ernest Gulliver on same page

Andy

Andrew

Andrew Report 11 Oct 2011 20:14

Possible 1901 Ireland census for Susan. No Ernest

Surname Forename Age Sex Relation to head Religion Birthplace Occupation Literacy Irish Language Marital Status Specified Illnesses
Byrne Margaret 36 Female Daughter Roman Catholic County Wexford General Servant Unemployed Can read and write English Only Not Married -
Gulliner Susan 22 Female Daughter Roman Catholic County Dublin Allowance fr Husband Can read or write English Only Married -
Gulliner Elizebeth 2 Female Grand Daughter Roman Catholic Chattam, England None Cannot read or write English Only Not Married -
Jackson Thomas 16 Male Grand Son Roman Catholic County Dublin Poulterers Messenger Can read and write English Only Not Married -
Byrne Nicholas 65 Male Head of Family Roman Catholic County Wexford General Laborer Cannot read or write English Only Married -
Byrne Bridget 63 Female Wife Roman Catholic

You can view the actual page at

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai003720816/

Andy

Maura

Maura Report 11 Oct 2011 20:21

The ancestry BMDs for Ireland are the same as familysearch.org

Shazzlou

Shazzlou Report 11 Oct 2011 20:23

I really need to find her birth record as need to trace her mothers maiden name I have tried a search for Margaret in Co Wexford with record office in Ireland and had no joy she was born c.1865 i think Susan was born either Dublin or Wexford c.1879. There is no parish record trace for marriage of Nicholas & Brisget either they would have wed probably before 1864 in Oylegate Wexford. Irish family history research drives you mad!!!

Joy

Joy Report 11 Oct 2011 21:48

Searching here
http://churchrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/
there is a possibility in 1879 but different parents.