Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

new zealand bmd

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kath23

kath23 Report 12 Oct 2011 12:31

Hi everyone,
is there a web site were I can look up births that occurred in NZ less than 100 years ago ?
The site I have looked at only gives details of births more than 100 years ago .
I have three brothers in my tree which I am trying to find out the exact year of birth and if they had middle names.
thank you
kath

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 12 Oct 2011 14:05

Have you tried

http://www.dia.govt.nz/Births-Deaths-and-Marriages

Or this one

https://www.bdmonline.dia.govt.nz/NonHistoricRecords

kath23

kath23 Report 12 Oct 2011 18:07

thank you I will take a look now :-)

maxwil

maxwil Report 21 Oct 2011 03:49

The majority of NZ libraries have bdm on fiche up to abt 1980's. If you give me details I will be happy to look up for you. The online bdm sites given only give births up to 100 years ago
Max

Persephone

Persephone Report 21 Oct 2011 08:28

Did they marry in NZ... can check the marriages to 1956 to see if there are middle names for you...

Are all three still alive?

You want to Pm me and will check out what I can...

Cheers Persie

Persephone

Persephone Report 8 Nov 2011 02:54

Okay

Have found one of them and his marriage etc

Will send you contact details...and a bit of other information..

Cheers Persie